Saturday, December 1, 2007

End of November Update

It's been raining like crazy the past day or so! Tiff and I have really been enjoying the change in the weather from the monotonous sunny-all-day-everyday pattern that the desert usually serves up.

The past couple days I've been going to a conference here in Tucson that was all about how galaxies evolve in conjunction with the gigantic black holes that reside at their centers. It was a pretty good conference; definitely better than Protostars & Planets V, but definitely worse than Z-Machines. I had the opportunity (along with most other Arizona grad students) to present a single-slide, 3 minute talk on my research. I was really nervous and kind of bungled it, but hopefully not too badly. It's hard to summarize your research in only 3 minutes!

This weekend I'm playing in a frisbee tournament called Hoasis. I'm really excited to play and I think it will be a lot of fun. The weather is going to make it even more fun (in my opinion, anyway).

To finish up, here's Tiffany jumping into a pile of leaves in the front yard of my parent's house. Pretty cool action shot, eh? I posted all the pictures I took in November this morning, so feel free to check them out.

No comments: